AIR QUALITY ALERT
Due to poor air quality, the pool may close at any time. In general, we will close the pool any time the AQI rises to 150 or above according to conditions reported on AirNow.gov. However, staff reserve the right to close the pool at any time based on rapidly changing local conditions.
Lap Swim Update:
Lap swim will be cancelled on Saturday October 10th for staff training. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Pool will be closed for all programs on Monday October 12th in observance of Indigenous Peoples Day.
COVID-19 UPDATES - September 14, 2020
Important Changes to Lap Swim Registration Rules & Procedures
In efforts to refine our policies and procedures, the following changes will be made and instituted for lap swim registration. These changes will go into effect on September 16, 2020 for registration:
- Registration will begin at 12:00am each Wednesday for Emeryville Residents (Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning). Non-Residents will be able to register beginning at 9:00am on Wednesday mornings. Please visit www.emeryville.org/register for lap swim reservations.
- Due to County guidelines limiting lap swimmers in our facility, we will be limiting lap swimmers to a maximum of three (3) swims per week. By limiting the number of swims each person has, we hope more people will have the opportunity to enjoy the pool each week.
For any questions, please call 510-596-4395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we improve our programs. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
LAP SWIM IS BACK!
We will be launching public lap swim on September 8th. All other programs will be introduced at a later date. Please see below for program and registration information. Click here for our full program policies and procedures.
We are operating under guidelines set forth by the Alameda County Health Department. Please note that hours are limited due to reduced pool capacity, which prevents us from operating multiple programs simultaneously. We hope to add additional program hours in the future. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For the latest information, please add yourself to the Aquatics Programming email list here: http://emeryville.org/list.aspx. If you have any questions, please email Brad Helfenberger at email@example.com or call 510-596-3779.
Swim Lessons and
Future dates/times TBD
The Emeryville Aquatic Club is a year-round USA swim team run by the City of Emeryville. Our mission is to provide a well rounded program that implements elite level training as well as emphasizing on building character, teamwork, and fun. We highly encourage swimmers to compete in swim meets. All Swimmers must be able to swim 3 different strokes at least 25 yards each. For more information please contact Brad Helfenberger at: (510) 596-3779 firstname.lastname@example.org
Program begins October 5th
Developmental/Junior Group: T/Th 6:15-7:00pm Price: $50 per month
Junior/Pre-Senior Group: M/W/F 6:15-7:00pm Price: $75 per month
Senior Group: Mon-Fri 7:15-8:00pm Price: $120 per month
All groups add $5 Non-resident fee
Fitness/Lap Swim (18+)
- All Lap Swim must be booked in advance. A reservation includes a 45-minute private lane. Limit one swimmer per lane and three 45-minute reservations per week. Please visit www.emeryville.org/register to book a lane.
- Reservations will be released in one-week increments (Sunday-Saturday). Registration will start at Wednesday at midnight (Tuesday night) for Emeryville Residents and 9:am Wednesday morning for Non-Residents before the following week.
- Reservation Times:
- Monday-Friday 10:30am, 11:30am, and 12:30pm
- Saturday 3:00pm, 4:00pm, and 5:00pm
- Sunday 2:00pm, 3:00pm, and 4:00pm
Aqua Aerobics/Water Walking
- Dates/Times TBA. You may book a lane for water walking during lap swim hours until the program starts.
Fees* (R - Resident/NR - Non Resident)
- Adults 18+ $6R/$7NR
- Senior 50+: $3R/$4NR
- Fitness Passes will not be used until further notice. Fees must be paid for each visit. To receive a credit for a pass that was valid as of 3/14/2020, please email email@example.com or call 510-596-4395.
- There are no refunds or transfers for lap swim reservations. Only people with a reservation will be admitted to the facility during the reservation time.
The aquatic intern program is designed for youth (12-15 years of age) who are interested in becoming lifeguards and WSI, but do not meet the minimum age requirements. This program will help to prepare participants to apply for and work as a professional lifeguard and WSI once they do meet the age requirement. All participants will help to protect the lives and well being of each person using the pool and teach swim lessons at our facility.
Future days/Times TBD. We hope to relaunch this program in the summer of 2021.
Aquatics & Program Class Refund/cancellation Policy
No refunds will be available for Lap Swim, Water Aerobics, Rec Swim, or Fitness Center Reservations.
Refunds/Cancellations that are requested within 7 (seven) days prior to the scheduled lesson or class will be permitted.* Make-up swim lessons will not be granted if unable to attend. A refund will not be given. If weather conditions are deemed too severe for all lessons, by a lead/supervisor, a refund will be reimbursed for that missed lesson. *A $10.00 (ten dollars) administrative fee will be charged, per customer, if requesting a refund/cancellation. The administrative fee will be deducted from the refund.