"We help the people of Emeryville develop and realize their vision for the built environment"
As part of the Community Development Department, the Building Division has primary responsibility for administering the laws, regulations, and requirements that pertain to the physical development of the City.
The Building Division provides code administration, plan review and field inspections of buildings to ensure a safe, accessible, and energy efficient environment throughout the community. The division regulates local and State laws related to building construction, maintenance, use, repair, and rehabilitation.
Other Federal and State requirements include the mandated accessibility and energy conservation statutes. These objectives are accomplished through administration of public outreach and technical assistance programs, as well as building code regulation.
The Adopted Building Codes will be in effect January 1, 2017 as follows:
- 2016 California Building Code Part 2; Volume 1 and 2
- 2016 California Resdential Code
- 2016 California Green Building Standards Code
- 2016 California Mechanical Code
- 2016 California Plumbing Code
- 2016 California Energy Code (NOTE: 2010 CEC will remain in effect until July 1, 2014)
- 2016 California Electrical Code
- 2016 California Fire Code