In accordance with California Community Redevelopment Law, the objectives of the Redevelopment Plans are to:
- Eliminate economic, social, physical, and visual blight
- Provide for economic revitalization
- Preserve and improve existing residential areas
- Establish a more beneficial mix of land uses
- Restore the public infrastructure
To further these objectives, the Agency implements programs to improve the quality of existing housing, build new low- and moderate-income housing, and support the redevelopment of vacant and underutilized / deteriorated properties within the Redevelopment Project Areas.