Eviction Harassment Ordinance
The ordinance broadly regulates most residential rental units in the City, limits the reasons why landlords may terminate a tenancy in accordance with state laws, prohibits harassment of residential tenants, requires tenants be provided with notices of tenant rights under the ordinance, as well as a mandate that landlords use a form notice of termination of tenancy and provide a copy of the completed notice and applicable rental agreement to the City.
Certain residential units are exempt from the proposed ordinance, including owner-occupied units where the owner is renting two or fewer bedrooms, housing units owned by a nonprofit hospital, convent, monastery or similar type of development, government owned units, units owned by a nonprofit cooperative that is controlled by the residents, and units subject to state or federal regulations that are already subject to a form of just cause eviction protections that would preempt the City's regulations.
- Eviction Harassment Ordinance
- Eviction and Harassment Protection Ordinance Regulations Emeryville
- Eviction Ordinance FAQ's March 17, 2017
- Eviction Notice Form
- FY2023 Fair Market Rents for Oakland-Fremont, CA HUD Metro FMR Area October 1, 2022-September 30, 2023
On October 8, 2019, California adopted the Tenant Protection Act of 2019 (AB-1482) which goes into effect on January 1, 2020. Under Section 2 of AB-1482 Just Cause, the law does not apply to residential real property subject to local ordinance for termination of residential tenancy. The City of Emeryville adopted a local Just Cause ordinance prior to September 1, 2019; therefore, all landlords or property managers who wish to evict a tenant must follow the procedures outlined in Ordinance No. 16 Chapter 40. However, the other Sections of AB-1482 and procedures of the law must still be followed by all applicable units.
ArchivesTenants' Rights & Eviction Protection Webinar, October 15, 2020 1-2pm
ECHO Housings is hosting a live webinar presentation for Tenants and Landlords of Alameda County and Contra Costa County on October 15 from 1-2pm. The event is open to tenants, landlords, housing professionals and the general public. To register in advance, please click here.
Just Cause Workshop, January 29, 2020 4-7pm
ECHO Housing will be hosting a Tenant and Landlord Just Cause Eviction Ordinance Workshop on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 4-7pm at the Emeryville Center of Community Life. Landlords and tenants are invited to come out and learn about the City's Just Cause Ordinance and eviction procedures, as well as the relation to the new Just Cause state law AB-1482. Unable to attend the workshop. View the presentation below and look out for another workshop in the near future!
Tenant and Landlord Just Cause Eviction Ordinance Presentation
Fair Market Rents
- FY2022 Fair Market Rents for Oakland-Fremont, CA HUD Metro FMR Area October 1, 2021-September 30, 2022
- FY2021 Fair Market Rents for Oakland-Fremont, CA HUD Metro FMR Area October 1, 2020-September 30, 2021
- FY2020 Fair Market Rents for Oakland-Fremont, CA HUD Metro FMR Area October 1, 2019-September 30, 2020
- FY2019 Fair Market Rents for Oakland-Fremont, CA HUD Metro FMR Area” October 1, 2018-September 30, 2019
- FY2018 Fair Market Rents for Oakland-Fremont, CA HUD Metro FMR Area” October 1, 2017-September 30, 2018