AIR QUALITY ALERT
Due to poor air quality, the pool may close at any time. In general, we will close the pool any time the AQI rises to 150 or above according to conditions reported on AirNow.gov. However, staff reserve the right to close the pool at any time based on rapidly changing local conditions.
COVID-19 UPDATES - December 7, 2020
New Stay-At-Home Order
On December 4th, The Alameda County Department of Public Health announced that they will begin complying with the State's new Stay At Home order. During this time, the pool is authorized to continue operating and existing programming will For any questions, please email email@example.com. The fitness center remains closed at this time.
Lap Swim Update:
Holiday Closures: The Pool will be closed for all programs on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1. Happy Holidays!
Modified Holiday Lap Swim Schedule:
Saturday 12/26: Appointments will be 11:30am, 12:30pm, and 1:30pm.
Sunday 12/27: Appointments will be 10:30am, 11:30am, and 12:30pm.
Schedule will return to normal on 12/28/2020.
Important Changes to Lap Swim Registration Rules & Procedures
In efforts to refine our policies and procedures, the following changes will be made and instituted for lap swim registration. These changes will go into effect on December 9, 2020 for registration:
- Registration will begin at 7:00am each Wednesday for Emeryville Residents. Non-Residents will be able to register beginning at 2:00pm on Wednesdays. Please visit www.emeryville.org/register for lap swim reservations.
- Due to County guidelines limiting lap swimmers in our facility, we will be limiting lap swimmers to a maximum of three (3) swims per week. By limiting the number of swims each person has, we hope more people will have the opportunity to enjoy the pool each week.
For any questions, please call 510-596-4395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we improve our programs. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
Refund Policy Update
We have amended our refund policy to hopefully accommodate more swimmers from the wait list and encourage people to release their lap swim reservations if they aren't going to use them. If you need to cancel your reservation, we will issue a credit to your account for future use. Cancellations must be made no less than the business day before the date of your reservation. If you cancel with less than 1 business day's notice, we will still attempt to fill your spot, but a credit will only be given if we fill it. For cancellation/credit requests, please email email@example.com or call 510-596-4395. For Same-Day Cancellations on weekends, please call the pool desk at 510-596-4385.
LAP SWIM IS BACK!
We will be launching public lap swim on September 8th. All other programs will be introduced at a later date. Please see below for program and registration information. Click here for our full program policies and procedures.
We are operating under guidelines set forth by the Alameda County Health Department. Please note that hours are limited due to reduced pool capacity, which prevents us from operating multiple programs simultaneously. We hope to add additional program hours in the future. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For the latest information, please add yourself to the Aquatics Programming email list here: http://emeryville.org/list.aspx. If you have any questions, please email Brad Helfenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-596-3779.
Swim Lessons and
Future dates/times TBD
The Emeryville Aquatic Club is a year-round USA swim team run by the City of Emeryville. Our mission is to provide a well rounded program that implements elite level training as well as emphasizing on building character, teamwork, and fun. We highly encourage swimmers to compete in swim meets. All Swimmers must be able to swim 3 different strokes at least 25 yards each. For more information please contact Brad Helfenberger at: (510) 596-3779 email@example.com
Program begins October 5th
Developmental/Junior Group: T/Th 6:15-7:00pm Price: $50 per month
Junior/Pre-Senior Group: M/W/F 6:15-7:00pm Price: $75 per month
Senior Group: Mon-Fri 7:15-8:00pm Price: $120 per month
All groups add $5 Non-resident fee
Fitness/Lap Swim (18+)
- All Lap Swim must be booked in advance. A reservation includes a 45-minute private lane. Limit one swimmer per lane and three 45-minute reservations per week. Please visit www.emeryville.org/register to book a lane.
- Reservations will be released in one-week increments (Sunday-Saturday). Registration will start at Wednesday at 7:00am for Emeryville Residents and 2:00pm Wednesday for Non-Residents before the following week.
- Reservation Times:
- Monday-Friday 10:30am, 11:30am, and 12:30pm
- Saturday 3:00pm, 4:00pm, and 5:00pm
- Sunday 2:00pm, 3:00pm, and 4:00pm
Aqua Aerobics/Water Walking
- Dates/Times TBA. You may book a lane for water walking during lap swim hours until the program starts.
Fees* (R - Resident/NR - Non Resident)
- Adults 18+ $6R/$7NR
- Senior 50+: $3R/$4NR
- Fitness Passes will not be used until further notice. Fees must be paid for each visit. To receive a credit for a pass that was valid as of 3/14/2020, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-596-4395.
- There are no refunds or transfers for lap swim reservations. Only people with a reservation will be admitted to the facility during the reservation time.
The aquatic intern program is designed for youth (12-15 years of age) who are interested in becoming lifeguards and WSI, but do not meet the minimum age requirements. This program will help to prepare participants to apply for and work as a professional lifeguard and WSI once they do meet the age requirement. All participants will help to protect the lives and well being of each person using the pool and teach swim lessons at our facility.
Future days/Times TBD. We hope to relaunch this program in the summer of 2021.
Emeryville Community Services Department Program Class Refund/Cancellation Policy
Refunds and cancellations will only be considered if they are requested within 14 days prior to the start date of the scheduled activity*. In the event the Community Services Department cancels a class or program (due to inclement weather, low enrollment, etc.), a refund or make-up program will be offered. If the participant is unable to attend a class or program due to personal reasons outside of the dates specified, a refund or make-up lesson will not be granted (including pro-rated refunds).
A $10.00 administrative fee will be applied, per customer, for each refund/cancellation. This fee may be deducted from the total refund amount if requested.
*Certain Specified Senior Trip refunds must be requested within 30 days prior of the date of the trip. These will be specified in the Senior Center Newsletter “The LINK.”