"We help the people of Emeryville develop and realize their vision for the built environment"
As part of the Community Development Department, the Building Division has primary responsibility for administering the laws, regulations, and requirements that pertain to the physical development of the City.
The Building Division provides code administration, plan review and field inspections of buildings to ensure a safe, accessible, and energy efficient environment throughout the community. The division regulates local and State laws related to building construction, maintenance, use, repair, and rehabilitation.
Other Federal and State requirements include the mandated accessibility and energy conservation statutes. These objectives are accomplished through administration of public outreach and technical assistance programs, as well as building code regulation.
The Adopted Building Codes will be in effect January 1, 2020 as follows:
- 2019 California Building Code Part 2; Volume 1 and 2
- 2019 California Residential Code
- 2019 California Green Building Standards Code
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Electrical Code
- 2019 California Fire Code
For information regarding the California Building Code or Emeryville Municipal Code, contact the Building Division 510-596-4310.