National Preparedness Month is a campaign to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that can happen at any time. Each week the campaign focuses on a different aspect of preparedness for individuals, families and communities.
Week 1: Make a Plan
September 1 - 4, 2021:
- #PrepareToProtect means preparing to protect everyone you love. Start by making a plan before disasters and emergencies strike. www.ready.gov/plan
- Discuss with your household or family how you will communicate if there is an emergency.
- Decide and practice your emergency plan with members of your household.
- Houses, mobile homes, apartments, and high-rise buildings have different evacuation considerations. Make a plan for each: www.ready.gov/plan-for-locations
- Involve your entire family, including your children, in planning for disasters and emergencies so they are prepared, not afraid www.ready.gov/plan