The City of Emeryville's Community Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting will be held on Friday, December 2, 2022, 5:30pm beginning at City Hall, 1333 Park Avenue, Emeryville. This event will include road closures in the area. From City Hall, the parade will travel Westbound on Park Ave., then right on Horton Street, travel Northbound on Horton Street, then turn left at the path leading to the South Bayfront Bridge, and ending at Bay Street Emeryville.
Detours for the parade route will be clearly marked. Road closures are intermittent and will be re-opened once the parade has safely passed through. Here's a full list of street closures:
- Park Avenue will be closed from 4:00pm-6:00pm from Hollis Street to Harlen Street.
- Haven Street will be closed from 4:00pm-6:00pm from Park Avenue to the City Hall parking lot (Bessler Building residents can enter City Hall parking lot from the 40th Street side).
- Park Avenue will be closed from 5:00pm-6:30pm from Hollis Street to Horton Street.
- Horton Street will be closed from 5:00pm-6:30pm from Park Avenue to 53rd Street.
- Bay Street will be closed from 5:00pm-10:00pm from Ohlone Way to Christie Avenue.
This year our Community Holiday Parade will be car-free, encouraging participants to Roll, Scoot, and Stroll their way down the parade route. We ask that there be no cars parked on the parade route and no parking signs will be placed a minimum of 72 hours in advance. Be sure to join us as we kick off the holiday season!