Storm Preparation: Links and Helpful Tips
Useful Links and Helpful Tips
National Weather Service Emeryville: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Emeryville&state=CA&site=MTR&textField1=37.8314&textField2=-122.284&e=0#.Y7S81XbMIUE
National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area (on Twitter): NWS Bay Area 🌉 (@NWSBayArea) / Twitter
Alameda County Road Closures: Homepage | ACPWA Alameda County Public Works Agency
National Weather Service Flood Preparation: https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-before
Before the storm begins:
- Check your property for clogged drains, gutters, and drainage pipes.
- Check your roof downspouts to make sure that storm water is directed away from foundations.
- Deploy sandbags to deflect runoff from areas of your property that have been prone to flooding. If possible, rainwater should be redirected to a watercourse or gully. If you need sand and sandbags to protect your property, the City maintains a self-service station at 5890 Christie Avenue near 59th Street: https://tinyurl.com/emeryvillestormprep
- Help prevent storm drain blockages by clearing leaves and other debris from street gutters.
- Check to see if storm drain inlets on the street and near your property are clear of leaves and debris.
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at https://www.acgov.org/emergencysite/ and https://www.nixle.com/
Once the storm begins:
- Monitor power outages via the PG&E outage center.
- Check the news page https://www.ci.emeryville.ca.us/ on the City of Emeryville’s website for local updates.
- Call 9-1-1 if you come across a downed tree or live wires; do not attempt to move any wires from the roadway or your property.
- Remove accumulated leaves or debris from storm drains on your street if you can do so safely.
- Report blocked storm drains to the Department of Public Works via online form Emeryville, CA | SeeClickFix | Submit a request
- If you must drive, do so with caution and watch for flooded areas.