Fill out the CIP Priority Survey HERE!
This a public survey to collect input from Emeryville constituents on project priorities based on a draft list of projects. This draft list was developed based on the previous 2019 CIP list as well as feedback collected from members of the public who provided input in January 2023 during 9 different City Council and Community Advisory Committee meetings. Input provided through this survey will be synthesized and used to further refine this draft list of projects. Staff will develop a final list of projects later in the spring based on Council priorities and budget constraints.
During January 2023, members of the public could submit project ideas during Emeryville City Council and Community Advisory Committee meetings by either submitting a speaker's card beforehand or providing public comment during the meeting. Please see the list of meeting days and times below.
- October 2022: Public Works Staff present and facilitate a conversation with Councilmembers about the CIP.
- November 2022: Staff host internal discussions to identify project and funding needs, as well as CIP values, with other City staff from Community Development, Community Services, Finance, IT, Police, and Alameda County Fire.
- December 2022: Staff launch a public outreach campaign before Committee meetings in January to alert constituents of the CIP process and opportunity for input.
- January 2023: Public Works Staff present to the City Council Committees and Community Advisory Committees and collect public feedback on project ideas.
- February-March 2023: A public feedback survey will collect feedback on our CIP values and project list to help prioritize projects.
- Spring 2023: Throughout the spring, staff will perform financial analyses of projects, and will create a list of proposed funded and unfunded projects.
- April-May 2023: Public Works Staff will present at the Council's Budget Committee in April. Staff will also present at a study session at the Planning Commission and again for the full Council in May.
- June 2023: Public Works Staff will bring the CIP to City Council for adoption alongside the City's new budget.