This summer, the City of Emeryville is hosting the inaugural Rotten City Block Party on Saturday, August 24th! Of course, one of our premiere events will be the “Rottenest Dog in the Rotten City Contest". We are looking forward to a mischievous menagerie of mangy mutts, all of whom are deserving of the title. Here are some important points about the contest:
- All dogs will be entered into one large group.
- We will have prize baskets for the top Rottenest dogs as judged by our panel in classes such as:
- Strangest Bark
- Most in Need of Doggy-dontia
- Baddest Attitude
- Most Asymmetrical Ears
- Stinkiest Breath
- Extreme Non-conforming Body Shape
- Oddest Tail
- Generally Incorrigible
- We will have a special “Spirit Award” which will be based in part on your dog’s biography.
- We will have the “Rottenest in Show” award, as selected by Mayor Medina.
- ENTRIES ARE FREE and each dog will receive a special gift just for being a contestant!
THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS MONDAY, AUGUST 12TH!
- We will take walk-up “on the spot” entries on the day of the contest if possible, but there is no guarantee of entry. Advance registration is encouraged to avoid disappointment.