34th Annual Emeryville Art
The 34th Annual Emeryville Art Exhibition will be online. Applications will also be online through a web portal.
- Open to artists and craftspeople living and/or working in Emeryville, 18 years or older.
- All visual media will be considered as well as performance arts.
Curator and Jurors
Kathleen Hanna will curate the 34th Annual Art Exhibition. Ms. Hanna is an independent curator and exhibition designer. The other jurors are Kathryn Funk, independent curator and Christine Koppes, Curator and Director of Public Programs, San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art. The decision of the jurors will be final.
- There is no entry fee. This year there is no volunteer obligation though volunteers will be welcomed.
- Selection of work will be online only through CaFÉ™. Accepted work will be disqualified if misrepresented or if photos of work are digitally enhanced.
- For the size requirements visit the link: https://www.callforentry.org/artist-help-cafe/uploading-media/
- Only three artworks are allowed per artist. However, in addition to 3 artworks, artists may submit a video (2 minutes maximum) with information about themselves, their work and/or process. If you are submitting images you will also be able to submit a detail of the image if you feel it helpful to the jury but please clearly indicate the title of the work and that it is a detail. Use specific language for the titles of the images you are submitting (ie. Image_Name; Image_Name_Detail). Once again, you may only submit three artwork images but can add a detail shot for each if helpful in viewing your work. This option does not apply to video or audio submissions.
- Only works not previously shown in the Emeryville Annual will be eligible.
- Applicants are encouraged to show work completed within the last five years.
- Jurors will be seeking to view finished artwork and craft.
- Artists will be notified in early September of the acceptance of their work. Receipt of the artist’s completed registration form constitutes the artist’s agreement with all conditions established in this prospectus.
- Sales of work included in the Exhibition will be encouraged. We are creating an on-line sales portal. A commission of 25% of any sale will be donated to the Emeryville Celebration of the Arts, Inc.
- A catalogue listing the works exhibited may be available.
- There will be no substitutions for selected work.
Artist’s bio/resumé will be requested the week of September 1. Accepted artwork images may be included in a catalog and/or used for publicity without compensation.
Online entries will close at 10:59 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time on Friday, August 21, 2020. No further entries will be accepted via the online portal after this deadline. Late, incomplete or noncompliant entries will not be considered.
The City of Emeryville Art in Public Places Program will consider accepted artwork at the 34th Annual Art Exhibition for a purchase award. Only entries that are for sale are eligible. The selected artwork will become a part of the City’s permanent collection.